MSRP Standard $3,999 / Special Edition $4,099
Supersport style, real world comfort, out of this world practicality
Nimble handling, an exceptional personality and a low price tag highlight Kawasaki’s Ninja® 250R sportbike, while its UNI-TRAK® rear suspension, petal disc brakes and gas-sipping twin-cylinder engine contribute to its class leading performance and value. It’s no surprise the Ninja 250R is such a strong seller.
The lightweight Ninja 250R’s true secret of success is its winning formula: A rider-friendly engine, real world performance and an amiable chassis topped off with Ninja supersport styling. The icing on this small Kawasaki cake is the motorcycle’s ability to transcend skill levels and appeal to all riders from novice to seasoned veteran.
At the core of the Ninja 250R is an engine that thrives on high-rpm excitement. The gutsy 249cc parallel twin is tuned for a peppy, yet smooth and predictable power delivery. The beginner friendly low- and mid-range torque comes courtesy of its dual overhead camshafts and 2-into-1 exhaust system. A silky smooth six-speed transmission lets riders to exploit the 250R’s powerband without fanfare from that low-end grunt to the crowd pleasing and lively top-end rush. Last, but not least is the little Ninja’s silver lining – its excellent fuel economy.
Wrapping the 250R are the fairing and windscreen that not only look great, but deliver wind protection for a wide range of riding situations. Tucked in behind the windscreen are more rider-friendly features such as the easy-to-read instrument panel and neutral indicator.
A natural riding position and comfortable ergonomics combine with lightweight handling, easy controllability and great throttle response for pure pleasure on city streets. Part of this great handling and stability comes from the 17-inch wheels. Bringing the show to a stop are the large petal shaped 290mm front and 220mm rear rotors gripped by powerful two-piston hydraulic calipers. Like Kawasaki’s other Ninja models, the 250R is equipped with quality components and tuned for class-leading performance.
Lightweight and agile, the Ninja 250R boasts low ownership costs and is a dominating force in the entry-level sportbike category.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
• 2-into-1 system contributes to the Ninja 250R’s low and mid-range torque and smooth, step-free power curve
• Slightly upswept silencer extensively tested to determine chamber size, connecting pipe length and diameter to achieve least noise and most power
• Meets strict emissions with dual catalyzers; one in the collector pipe and the other in the silencer
• Using two catalyzers minimizes the power loss
• Positioning the first catalyzer as close to the exhaust ports maximizes its efficiency as well
• Intake and exhaust ports contribute to good off-idle response and smooth power delivery Valve timing and lift designed for strong low
• and mid-range torque
• Direct valve actuation helps ensure reliable high-rpm operability
• Thin heads and stems on valves for reduced reciprocating weight
DOHC 249cc Parallel Twin-Cylinder Engine:
• Compact parallel-twin design offers good mass centralization for superior handling
• Tuned to deliver smooth, step-free power with an emphasis on low and mid-range power for rider-friendly response
• Pistons feature reinforced heads and strengthening in the pin boss area for increased durability
• Thick piston (longitudinally) rings help prevent oil consumption
• Combustion chamber design optimized to maximize combustion efficiency and reduce emissions
• Ample highrpm performance will please riders using the full range of the engine
• Fine-tuned twin Keihin CVK30 carburetors offer good power feel and low fuel consumption
Reduced Mechanical Noise:
• Prevents loose cam chain and reduces power-robbing friction loss
• Eliminating mechanical noise allows the use of a freer flowing exhaust for a better performance
• Complex construction with reinforcing ribs helps eliminate airbox reverberation and reduce intake noise
• Air filter accessible from the side, for easy replacement
• Latest generation Denso radiator offers superior cooling with minimal space and weight
• Ring-fan uses a quiet-running motor that also saves space
• Fins on the lower side of the crankcase further helps cool the engine
• Involute splines reduce friction and backlash between gears and shafts for easier gear meshing and smooth shifting under power
• Spring-type clutch damper reduces jerkiness at very low speeds and minimizes shocks when rolling on and off the throttle for a smoother clutch feel
• Paper-base friction plates help increase clutch durability
• Sturdy and durable diamond-style frame of thick-walled steel tubing offers confidence-inspiring stability at both high and low speeds
• Beefy swingarm bracket contributes to the frame’s rigidity and helps achieve an ideal chassis stiffness balance
• Square-tube swingarm with a 60 x 30mm cross-section further adds to rigidity
• 37mm telescopic front fork with firm settings contribute to the Ninja 250R’s smooth, stable handling and enhanced ride control
• UNI-TRAK® rear suspension compliments the rigid frame and provides great road holding ability
• Rear shock features 5-way adjustable preload, enabling ride height to be maintained whether riding solo or with a passenger
• Features 17” wheels like its larger supersport brothers
• Low-profile sportbike tires on wide rims contribute to its easy, neutral handling at low speeds
• Large-diameter, 290mm front petal disc and a balanced action two-piston caliper offers excellent braking performance and a natural, direct feeling at the lever
• Two-piston caliper grips the rear 220mm petal disc
• Natural riding position with slightly forward-slanting seat and wide, raised handlebars
• Styling, fit and finish of striking full-fairing bodywork match its Ninja supersport siblings
• Aggressive dual-lamp headlight design, slim tail cowl and separate seats further enhance the supersport look
• Front cowling and windscreen offer the rider a substantial amount of wind protection
• Two helmet holders conveniently located under the rear seat
• Under-seat storage can hold a U-lock or similar device
• Two hooks under the tail and the rear passenger pegs provide anchor points for securing items to the rear of the bike
• Instrument panel features an easy-to-read, large-face analog speedometer along with an analog tachometer, odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge and warning lights
Engine Type Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin
Displacement 249 cc
Bore & Stroke 62.0 x 41.2mm
Maximum Torque 22 Nm (2.24 kgf/m) 16.2 lb-ft/9,500 rpm
Compression Ratio 11.6:1
Carburetor Keihin CVK30 x 2
Final Drive O-Ring Chain
Frame Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/Trail 26 degrees / 3.2 in.
Front Tire Size 110/70-17
Rear Tire Size 130/70-17
Wheelbase 55.1 in.
Front Suspension / wheel travel 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
Rear Suspension / wheel travel Bottom-Link Uni-Trak® with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.1 in.
Front Brake Type Single 290mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
Rear Brake Single 220mm petal disc with two-piston caliper
Fuel Tank Capacity 4.8 gal.
Seat Height 30.5 in.
Curb Weight 374 lbs.
Overall length 82.1 in.
Overall width 28.1 in.
Overall height 43.7 in.
Color Metallic Diablo Black, Sunbeam Red, Candy Thunder Blue, Special Edition Lime Green / Metallic Diablo Black
MSRP Standard $3,999 / Special Edition $4,099
Warranty 12 months
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36, 48 months
*Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.